So-called "De-transition"

Changed your mind about changing gender roles? Discuss it here.
Different_Trains

Re: So-called "De-transition"

Postby Different_Trains » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 pm

I should make clear that this is not strictly to do with me - yes I have issues at the moment, but I think it would be a great help to people if this was discussed more in general for everyone's benefit. There is a huge lack of info and experiences out there. I'm also not saying that any of you see it as a failure or see those who make that decision as less of a person. What I am saying is that some transpeople seem to. I worry that those people are looked down on from both sides, just when they might need some support. I think this often under-discussed issue is worthy of discussion and debate. I think it's important to emphasise the wide spectrum which the term transgender encompasses.

I think your idea is a great one, IM.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

WeWantWaffles

Desperately Needed

Postby WeWantWaffles » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am

I am very happy for this, actually. When I first got into serious thoughts about transitioning, I wanted to know the good and the bad. I wanted to learn about how people experience transition and what kind of regrets they may or may not have. I never managed to find information about people who didn't complete transition, or reverted. This will help people.
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Different_Trains

Re: Desperately Needed

Postby Different_Trains » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:56 am

I am very happy for this, actually. When I first got into serious thoughts about transitioning, I wanted to know the good and the bad. I wanted to learn about how people experience transition and what kind of regrets they may or may not have. I never managed to find information about people who didn't complete transition, or reverted. This will help people.
My thoughts exactly! Couldn't have put it better. :)

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 pm

I searched out those who'd detransitioned and the Regretters early in the first weeks of my transition. Those links are long forgotten now, it was years ago so the only one I remembered was Susan's forum.

There was a classic case on there last year - she transitioned and was on hormones for a few months and had lost sex-drive. One day found herself sat in her dress thinking "wtf am I doing?" So de-transitioned and stopped hormones. When sex-drive came back, so did the powerful desire to be a woman, so she seems damned either way.
However, she was obviously a classic case of sex-driven trans*** as was revealed by her adverse reaction to hormones.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm

without being too graphic here as it is g-rated

the masturbation-disgust-recovery-masturbation loop is something many trans experience, and all too easily can eroticise clothing, and often quite wrongly has been interpreted by people like Blanchard as autogynephilia.

The bottom line is I suspect the majority of bio-women today experience this as a condition.

One look at women in shoe shops, at fashion shows or trying on clothes compared to their male partner outside bored demonstrates that there is a lot more 'going on' psychologically than just wearing a garment. Women have been 'dressing' seductively for sex for generations, where as a bloke will not even take off his socks LOL.

The woman has not left one part of their body undecorated from nail polish to hair extensions, from sexy underwear and stockings to false eyelashes - now even vagazzles!

I coined the term 'the body penis' for women and compress this entire body unit into 5 inches and put it on the groin and you have a male. So I think trans must see this as an exchange rather than a loss.

So clothes being a turn on for women is obvious, but the problem is that 'turn-on' in a male is more 'visible' and in anycase socially unacceptable to wander about a shoe shop with an erection :lolno: :lol:

unless they are legitimised by the trans label it is very difficult for a 'male' to crossdress and be taken seriously. So being 'medicalised' offers some protection - you cannot get your birth certificate changed without a medical report for example.

In the 70s men we called 'poofs' for wearing aftershave, I cannot imagine what would be said about a man who 'moisturised' back then!

Vaseline came out of the oil business as a bi-product and helped protect male hands so it was being used but in a 'manly way ;)

Times are changing.

But all these issues compound the trans reality.

If ones gets pleasure from sex, then for many men the 'removal' of the penis seems counter productive. But the body adjusts to a new way and the neo clitoris delivers the same intensity - if you want it.

So we have to ask do many change back because of this fear of loss of libido and sexual excitement and return to the loop I first mentioned, or do they deal with it and learn a new way to get pleasure as who they 'should' be?
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “So you want to change back?â€