Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery FFS

Should a 'basic' FFS (Female Feminisation Surgery) be available on the NHS before GRS?

Yes - it is more important than genital surgery!
40%
No - Genital surgery is more important than FFS!
60%

Total votes: 15

Jane_D_C

Facial Feminisation Surgery - Update

Postby Jane_D_C » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 pm

My FFS was 3½ months ago.

I no longer experience any pain from the op, and cannot remember when I last did.

I still have some numbness and muscle tightness around my top lip, but it is no longer bothersome. The numb region is slowly shrinking.

My scalp behind the cut is numb to feeling, pain and heat. This is not itself bothersome. I was told to expect it to take 18months to disappear. The problem with it is that I regularly suffer from headaches. Over the years I have learned to look out for early warning symptoms and take avoiding action. If the headache starts in the large numb region, I do not immediately find out, and the headache can become hard to treat.

So that’s the bad news. The benefits?

The first benefit is that when I look in a mirror I no longer see a trans woman looking back: I see a woman. That relieves a heck of a lot of distress; and feels SOOOOO good.

The second benefit took longer to appear as the swelling went down. But I am reaping it big time. I pass a LOT better. I get fewer funny looks of the kind we all know so well, and I am called ‘madam’ much more regularly. It is about two months since I was ‘read’ by a teenager. I can put a scarf over my hair so that only my face shows and I still get called ‘madam’.

I’m having some professional photos taken next week and I will post them on Tzone in due course.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery

Postby Ice Maiden » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Amazeballs as they say :) Sooo happy for you - you deserve it - Need mine done now :)x
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

WeWantWaffles

Serious amazeballs

Postby WeWantWaffles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm oh so curious now, and already feeling jealous.

Also, IM, I never felt like you weren't passable o.o ..
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:01 pm

It sounds like you've had really good results, and like Waffles, I feel rather jealous! :D I'm scared of the idea of surgery though, I think I'll first see what happens once I've managed to shed a bit more "male pattern fat"...

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Let my tell you my dears, I was scared too.

Mostly I get irritated by people who tell me that my transition takes courage. It took something else: desperation. I could stand living in male mode no more.

The exception so far has been the FFS. It took courage to go to the hospital for that.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Return to “Facial Feminisation Surgey - Female Feminization Surgery (FFS)â€