Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery FFS

Should a 'basic' FFS (Female Feminisation Surgery) be available on the NHS before GRS?

Yes - it is more important than genital surgery!
40%
No - Genital surgery is more important than FFS!
60%

Total votes: 15

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:23 pm

You will probably have to sort out a brand new glamourous avatar for here :)x
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Jane_D_C wrote:Mostly I get irritated by people who tell me that my transition takes courage. It took something else: desperation. I could stand living in male mode no more.

Ooh, I'm good at desperation. :lol: Seriously, though, I know exactly what you mean. And it doesn't detract from the courage of going for the operation!

WeWantWaffles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Desperation

Postby WeWantWaffles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Here's a nice one about courage..

I've read a post before called 'misconceptions about trans-women', though this part actually includes trans-men too. Sometimes I do feel like there is too much focus on MtF and not enough about FtM, but anyway xD It said this:

"You’re so brave!"

No. That’s a lovely idea, it is, and thank you. I do appreciate the sentiment and we often enjoy hearing that kind of thing. It’s an enormously tempting idea, too, and hard to give up. It would be terrific to believe that I’m this wonderfully brave, courageous, strong woman who overcame unimaginable odds to assert her true self without compromise to a hostile, bigoted world. But it just isn’t true. We aren’t brave. We’re scared shitless and in tremendous pain and desperate for a way out, and don’t really have much of a choice.

There was a reply to that. It said: “Courage is being scared shitless and doing it anyway.”

But I wouldn't be so vulgar with my language ^_^ .. Still, it was nice to read.
- Sarah
And at the end of it all, I just want them to say; "Oh, that Sarah. She was a pretty awesome chick."

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:34 am

But I wouldn't be so vulgar with my language

'Scared witless' perhaps?

But I do like your quote.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Yes, I've heard the 'wow, you're so brave' remark an awful lot this past few months. I like the 'brave and scared witless' response - I think I'll use that from now on :gigglersx: .

But to be fair - look at it from their point of view. Would they be able to do the same thing tomorrow? No they wouldn't, because they haven't had the years of torment and anguish that we have. We've had the years of mulling over what options are open to us if we do this and then lose everything dear to us. We've reached that point where there is no alternative for us. They on the other hand - think, 'if I had to do what she/he is doing now - Jeeeeeeez, I couldn't do that'. So to them, we aren't desperate and really scared because they don't see that side of us - we're 'brave'.

Just my tuppence worth.

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Return to “Facial Feminisation Surgey - Female Feminization Surgery (FFS)”