Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery FFS

Should a 'basic' FFS (Female Feminisation Surgery) be available on the NHS before GRS?

Yes - it is more important than genital surgery!
40%
No - Genital surgery is more important than FFS!
60%

Total votes: 15

Different_Trains

Re: Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery

Postby Different_Trains » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 pm

It has to be borne in mind that many transwomen neither want nor need FFS.

Personally i'd rather have fully funded hair removal.
Oh, me too!!!

Also, fully funded tracheal shaves. I recently had my funding for it declined, and apparently so have many others recently as they stopped funding it.
Last edited by Different_Trains on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I wonder if Jane and Chrissy could start their own threads in this new FFS section (Like you would the blog).

Call it Chrissy's FFS with Dr ... for example

and feel free to upload as many pictures as you want just see the 'Attachment tab when you post :) Xxx

Add costs, travel, stays what you took with you and anything else you can think of.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Steffi

Postby Steffi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Also it is useful if we have a good FFS surgeon in the UK
In the UK, in the Manchester area there is Mr Musgrove.

I have only seen one of his patients. I have no idea what she looked like before and saw her a few weeks after her surgery. From that, I'm inclined to assume that Mr Musgrove might tend towards subtlety.
(....but WTF do I know!) He is certainly experienced, well qualified, highly placed in a very reputable hospital and lists FFS as a speciality with that dedicated page.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

Jane_D_C

FFS in Brighton

Postby Jane_D_C » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Quoted costs are OTT.

I have just paid £12500 including a CT scan. Admittedly I had no jaw work done but that would not have greatly inreased the costs.

I had it done in Brighton by Keith Altman http://www.keithaltman.com/facial_femin ... urgery.php .

Keith likes to have a 'shrink' recommend you for the surgery. I asked Richard Curtis and my psychiatrist in Norwich to provide letters.

I booked on October 1st 2012 and was on the table two months and six days later. I was in hospital for two days, all included in the cost, as was a 1-week and 1-month follow-up. The last of these will happen next week.

How painful and unpleasant was it? There still is some pain, but this is easily controlled with paracetamol. At first I was on paracetamol & codeine, and that kept the pain mostly at bay. When I was in hospital they gave me some really powerful painkillers: I was not very sore. I got some discomfort from the anaesthetic and the antibiotic horse-pills I took for about nine days after the op, but TBH I have experienced worse. I'd say I got at least as much discomfort from the bout of Norovirus I had a week after the op. Finally I would add that I was so stressed beforehand that I was quite off my feed. In hindsight, I was over-anxious, but it did not feel that way at the time.

Wearing glasses, which I normally do all the time, is still a bit uncomfortable, because my nose feels fragile.

I was able to drive after my 1-week check-up, but did not really feel like doing so. I had 3 weeks off work, and spent a lot of it asleep. I had little energy during this time.

I also used Alexandra at http://www.virtualffs.co.uk to produce images to try and predict the final result. That costs about £100: I forget the exact amount. Her pix gave me a good starting point to debate with Mr Altman what was achievable. In the end I think Alexandra's images were quite close to the final outcome.

I will supply some photos when the swelling has gone down a little more.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Very interesting like to VFFS I may well give them a go in the future :)

Its nice to know what they say and what you say and if your images turned out like theirs maybe you could do a compare later in a separate page.

In fact this entry Jane is worthy of an actual independent topic within this section so people can find it more easily. So perhaps copy and paste it here to a new topic? viewforum.php?f=125

Start the topic title with FFS with Dr or Mr.... London... etc.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Facial Feminisation Surgey - Female Feminization Surgery (FFS)â€