Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery FFS

Should a 'basic' FFS (Female Feminisation Surgery) be available on the NHS before GRS?

Yes - it is more important than genital surgery!
40%
No - Genital surgery is more important than FFS!
60%

Total votes: 15

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Facial Feminisation Surgery - Face Femininzation Surgery

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Interesting - should I change the question to

"The NHS can only spend £10,000 on you - which do you want?"

Or add another option you decide guys :)
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Cassie

Postby Cassie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm

It has to be borne in mind that many transwomen neither want nor need FFS.

Personally i'd rather have fully funded hair removal.

chrissy

Postby chrissy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Dear All.

For the record I have recently had FFS which was performed on 31st October 2012. It is expensive and I was one of the fortunate souls to have someone who went to great personal sacrifice and help me fund it. The costs of which are as follows:-

Performed by the Facial Team - Marbella - Facial Feminization Surgery, http://facialteam.eu/. The cost was 21,600 euros (£17,300.00 approx) for surgery and clinic costs. I booked queasy jet out to Malaga, the cost of which was £170.00 return. Hotel costs were £595, B&B for the fortnight. £100 spent on Taxi's, £100 on prescriptions, £200 on meals and refreshments.

What was done:-
Forehead/Orbital Reduction & Forehead Lifting and Eyebrow Lifting
Upper Blepharoplasty - Eye lid reduction
Rhinoplasty with osteotomy - Nose Surgery
Chinplasty + contouring and Jaw Contouring

The surgeons were Dr Luis Capitan & Dr Simon Simon, the rhinoplasty was performed by Dr Kai. I would like to say that my treatment and care was superlative. I am not sure how long I was in surgery because I had been sedated for 48 hours. I spent a further 48 hours before leaving and during this whole time all my nourishment was, runny yoghurt, water & orange juice, great way yo lose some weight!!

The most unpleasant aspect was having a "cold mask" on for the whole duration of my stay, but this does limit swelling so has to be endured.

Still swollen, bruised and sore in the mouth because of 5 incisions made on the inside of both upper and lower lips. The swelling will die down by the 6th week and the rest up to a year.

Expensive but more reasonable than UK, US or the people in Belgium.

I realise that the NHS is strapped for cash, however passing as woman has never been a problem for me, although many can put this down for many reasons or even suggest vanity. Its a personal thing for me and even now with swellings, bruises and having to eat soft things only I feel so happy with the outcome I can cry with joy.

Jane_D_C

Your costs are a little high

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Keith Altman in Brighton charges between £10 and £15K. He was the one on Channel 4’s 'Embarrassing Bodies'.

I think I have posted elsewhere that I have just paid £12,500 including CT scan for brow reduction, eyebrow lift, nose job & cheek implants.

I'm not having any jaw or mouth work done.

My op is due on December 6th.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 pm

You have the same one that Jenny-Anne Bishop had on EB?

I didn't see that much difference between her before and after, but maybe that is the point?

You have some good close ups of you before and recently, so this is a great way to show us the difference and scrutinise his work.

Jane and Chrissy thank you for sharing this I feel this will be really beneficial to tzone visitors!

I look forward to you posting the more glamourous you's in due course.

Dec 6 - that's my birthday :)Xxx

Also it is useful if we have a good FFS surgeon in the UK Spain is all very well but there is something comforting about being in your own country! :)Xxx

I get the feeling this will be a 'HOT TOPIC'

I will also allow the uploading of images to this thread so you can attach them.

Give me an hour or so and you can do it registered visitors only though.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “Facial Feminisation Surgey - Female Feminization Surgery (FFS)â€