The Transgender Flag

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

The Transgender Flag

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:48 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_Pride_flag

I dunno but why do we have to adopt something thought up in someones head in Arizona

I just think its a bit cliche, pink and blue stripes, pink for girls blue for boys - that in itself is now socially questioned and seen as a negative conditioner even for non trans folk with many modern metrosexual parents bucking the trend

the stipes being ripped off from the rainbow flag and then hmmm lets make it shades of pink and blue

perhaps in light of the way we are treated this would make a better flag LOL

with maybe the white as blue LOL (only joking)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_flag
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

Jane_D_C

Re: The Transgender Flag

Postby Jane_D_C » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 pm

why is the blue for boys surrounding the pink for girls... seems elletist!!

Yebbut the pink is closer to the centre of things ;)

It all depends on whether you see the cup as half full or half empty.

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:23 pm

i think that flag is not radical enough i think it should be something odd or that makes a statement

but thats just me

i am fed up with pink blue and triangles and male female signs
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

JENNYJET

Postby JENNYJET » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 pm

No flag!! No badges.!! No car stickers.!!

What is this need for identifying ourselves to non transfolks and Transfolks alike? Are we not seeking to become whole within ourselves in order to live according to our needs? Men and Women are just that, they live their lives as such, they form relationships, they form social groupings and they get on with it.

We should be doing likewise as either of the two genders and stop trying to form a group outwith of them and deploy banners, flags, badges, focus groups, going on marches and give the Daily Mail a reason to denegrate us for using NHS funds and such like. :x

Simplistic? You bet it is because sometimes we need to simplify our difficulties and approach solutions in simple ways..........in fact, what is this forum about? We can do a lot for each other within these pages if we wanted to, friendships can be formed, meetings arranged as Snowdoggie has suggested, Private Messages can be used and we can find our own way in the big nasty world as the people we are. :?

I have a multicoloured fish symbol on my car, the symbol that tells the world I am a Christian. Christianity is in the main accepted and no hostility is expected because I display that symbol, even if some extremist Muslim ( we have a large community here in Redditch ) takes issue with it. What kind of reaction can I expect if I had a symbol, flag or badge on my car to say that I am a fake woman/man? The unintelligent out there may think in those terms and seeks to trash my car..........Simplistic?

No folks, I cannot agree to any attempt to create a symbol to identify ourselves other than the gender to which we identify.

Cassie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Cassie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:47 pm

I like the pink Jolly Roger. Can I get it as a car badge to go alongside my fish: http://www.darwinfish.co.uk/darwinfish.html?

Sorry Jen!

Return to “General”