Galm says hi (FtM)

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
GalmOne

Galm says hi (FtM)

Postby GalmOne » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:23 am

Hello everyone!

I've registered an account on this forum as I've been considering transitioning from female to male in the near future, as my career evolves and allows me not to rely on my family too much, as they're, let's say, moderately thrilled about this idea.
The thing is that I will soon have the opportunity to work in different places in Western Europe, and I'd like to learn more about where TS people are more welcome, where one can get better medical support, where it's easier to transition in terms of legality...
My motivation in transitioning, however, is not as hazy as my future, as it's something I'm more convinced of every day. As a kid, my parents just called me a "tomboy" when I wanted to wear boy's clothes, play football, play with soldiers, etc; and that's something I've thought myself for a long time. "I'm just a girl who likes boys' games".
But as I grew up, I noticed it wasn't just about plastic soldiers and penalty kicks. I started identifying more and more with male role models, feeling more and more uneasy around traditionally "girly" stuff - especially in a conservative family, with religious parents who wanted me to wear dresses and skirts and to try things like dancing, knitting etc - and when I was becoming an adult, I finally understood that it wasn't just a matter of what I like and don't like to do as I ended up having trouble understanding girls and women, while having no problem talking to boys; the last nail in the coffin of my "girl self" was an attempt at having a relation with a guy, which ended up with me not really feeling attracted to him and him telling me that he almost felt like he was in a gay relationship, with someone who's more of a typical "guy" as he is.

In university, I started hearing that strange word, "transgender", and at first, I thought it wasn't about me; the only examples I've ever seen, heard of or read about were MtF. But I once thought about it, went to search, more or less, "what's being transgender for girls", and discovered that the term applied to people transitioning both ways! After feeling a little bit dumb, I started digging deeper, doing my own research, and 4 years later, here I am. When looking at the absence of anything "girly" in my life or in my apartment apart from purely biological stuff like tampons, at the fact that I've been hit on by girls thinking I was a guy, and the fact that I did, in fact, like it and feel validated when that happened, I think that transitioning is the thing I needed in my life.

So, thanks in advance for having me over, I'm here to learn, and I hope I'll be, finally, "one of the boys" - for real, this time.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

tzone
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Galm says hi (FtM)

Postby tzone » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Welcome remember to post or respond to posts in the FTM section of this forum (rather than General) as it may get more T+ men looking. No need to repost this we can move it there if you prefer. But leave it for now. Your story sounds very familiar and as you read through the MANY MANY posts or even have a listen to this interview we did with friend and Big Brother Winner Luke Anderson when he talks about his transition! Its very interesting. See the Episodes list or why not listen to the lot on your earbuds? Hopefully you will recognise yourself in his story?

Click here to listen
https://media.transgenderzone.com/?p=2014

tzone
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tzone » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:05 pm

#Replies

GalmOne

Postby GalmOne » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll listen to that! I guess it'd be worth moving the thread to the FtM section, then?

Return to “General”