Someone to talk to about FTM?

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
AnotherUsername

Someone to talk to about FTM?

Postby AnotherUsername » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi all,

So this is my first time on anything like this and I'm not actually sure what to say but i'm just fed up of not having anybody to talk to about it properly. I am 20 years old and I guess long story short I'm pretty sure I want to be a guy. Its something where i've never really put two and two together fully as through my entire life I think i've automatically just acted and tried to be a guy. It's now that I sit here and think about it all, I guess that does actually mean I want to be a guy. Coming out as a "lesbian" when I was 16, was a hard thing for me to do as my family aren't that supportive of the whole thing and I guess its always 'simpler' to not say anything. So in terms of something like being trans I guess i've always pushed it back and kept it quite as it's easier to not talk to anybody about it. I'm getting to that point though when I sit and think about my life and how short it is and why would I want to waste my life, or a big portion of it, not being comfortable in my own skin or just generally how I want to live it. I'm not a person to get sad about things or don't think I have any problems emotionally, I literally just want to talk to someone about it all and 'compare notes' etc.

I got my haircut short last summer and how much better it has made me feel is amazing, which is totally ridiculous really as its just hair! I started to get told I was in the wrong bathroom when out in public places it's totally made me feel really self-conscience and I try to avoid the toilets completely when out now. I'm quite a generally confident person so for me that's quite an conflicting thing inside my head for me. Other than the odd occasion where I introduce myself as 'Alex' to strangers when out and about ( not random people! haha) I haven't fully tried to live my life as a guy. I guess I dont like BS-ing people when they can clearly see I have breasts. (they are pretty obvious being a 34 DD).

Anyway, like I said I just want to talk to anybody about this, just on the general subject or if you have advise etc. Mainly so I can just get things off my chest really! Thanks in advance :)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Cassie

Re: Someone to talk to about FTM?

Postby Cassie » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Hiya,

Welcome aboard!

I think as a group we transpeople get very conscious of "time wasted;" I don't know a single one whether they transitioned at 7 or 70 who doesn't believe they left it too late but don't worry there's still time!

It sounds like you do need to talk though; someone neutral is best and I'd always recommend a counsellor/psychotherapist. If you can't afford to go private you may be able to get referred by your GP and have the NHS pick up the tab but if you're earning money then a few sessions with someone is worth every penny.

C

Domonic

Re: Someone to talk to about FTM?

Postby Domonic » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Hi my name is Domonic and I'm 14 years old and I'm a ftm and Ive just came out to my parents and they have acepted me wish I am truly grateful but I just want to know what it is like to go on t and the operations an things like that :thumbup: