Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC)

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC)

Postby JustMe » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 pm

For some reason, the link above missed bits - it should read

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/gender-recognition-panel

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:42 pm

I've been away for a week and so haven't had a chance to revisit BUT........

I went on to the GRC website to see if it has been updated to reflect the changes in same sex marriages. It has. However, there is something which bothers me. It mentions that if you are already in a marriage, it calls this a Protected Marriage. Then it goes on to say that if you are in a Protected Marriage, that you have to wait until 6 years post-op before you can be granted a GRC. Please anybody, tell me that I've got the wrong end of the stick - that just doesn't make sense, if a marriage were going to fail then surely it would have done so during the RLE period?

Here's the link:-

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/t455-eng.pdf

I'll wait and see what you all have to say first but I may contact them direct again to find out whether this is the case or not.

Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks Caitlin,

I see what you mean. I hope you are right too, I would hate to have to wait for six years and could see no reason why that would be the case. Thanks again.

Hugs
Kerry x.

Christine

Postby Christine » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm sad that GRCs are such a thorny issue to navigate. I'm not sure why it should be such a big deal for someone to legally change their sex, especially when they've been on hormones and even had surgery, had official documents e.g. passport, driving licence etc issued in their female identity and so on. Although the GRC can be obtained without a hitch, it does seem that there are so many unnecessary ways that an applicant can be tripped up and you have to wonder about a system that admits its pedantic and doesn't like to communicate. Seriously, wtf?

I've no idea why it's like this. Even if it's some paranoia about fraud prevention there are more effective and less intrusive ways of doing it. This is just stupid.

I wonder if one day our society will ever become more enlightened and not force people through this idiotic, expensive and bureaucratic nightmare.

Return to “General”