Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC)

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC)

Postby JustMe » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I want to make sure that I have all of the necessary facts in place before I start applying for this. I don't want to be part way through and then find that it's put my partner (wife) through unecessary hassle for nothing - she's had to go through enough already with my transition, no way am I subjecting her to more.

Please do keep any more advice etc coming and when I find anything out I will post here.

Hugs
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 am

Casaluna wrote:I don't intend to faff arround on this wallowing in grey areas ala CX style. I just plan on asserting my legal rights here.

Nicely put. Given my experiences at CX, I really think the gloves should come off if any bureaucrat attempts to impede a transsexual's legal rights. Which probably sounds a bit militant but it seems it's the only thing some of these people understand.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:47 pm

I'll just add then [yesss] ,

Why (if a person has undergone GRS) should a person be reduced to having to apply for a gender recognition certificate? Why should that be necessary? Why should a person be put through the degredation of having to request to have the legal side of things changed when they have already jumped through every hoop in existence to finally have their body matched to how they feel? Why?

In my opinion, this is something that should be put to the person as a matter of course. After surgery, the question should be put to the person - 'do you wish to have all of your history changed to that of your chosen gender'? A bit like a person getting married - they don't have to go through an application process to have their surname changed and status/title changed - it's just done on marriage.

Haven't we jumped through enough hoops already to get where we are after surgery?

Rant over - grrrrrrrr :shrugs: .
Kerry x.
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

JustMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JustMe » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Just to keep this thread going then,

I've made some enquiries and here is a reply I recieved:-

'Dear Kerry,

When a person is granted with a Gender Recognition Certificate they are, from the date of issue, legally recognised in their acquired gender. This does not change any documents or records from the past.

As long as you are applying for your Gender Recogntion Certificate after 10th December 2014 (if you were married in England and Wales of outside of the UK) you will be able to remain in your marriage and your marriage will still be effective from it's original date. Please note that there will be new forms and guidance available on our website closer to the 10th December.

Regarding the questions on benefits and pensions you may wish to contact the Department for Work and Pensions or your Pension Provider with these queries.

You may find our website useful for any further queries: http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/gen ... tion-panel I have attached to this email our general guide but please note this will be updated in the near future.
'

I'm interested to hear your opinions and of course I hope you find this useful.

Hugs
Kerry x.

Return to “General”