Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC)

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
Christine

Re: Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC)

Postby Christine » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Thanks, Jane: I didn't even see that requirement even though I could've sworn I'd read the guidelines several times! I think this is why it pays to seek further advice (and to get other people to read it for me :D). It's also encouraging to know that the 40% in question aren't outright rejections, though my reaction is still that the procedure seems to be unnecessarily obstructive.

But I think I'll put this on hold until after I see Dr Lorimer in June: I have plenty of other worries to occupy myself in the meantime, not least getting my waist size down, and it's absolutely not cooperating. But that's a moan for another topic.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

bethy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bethy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 pm

I did mine all on my own. From start to finish.

The only thing I needed from other people was- 1: Letter from GIC Doc and 2: All signed by a solicitor to say they knew I was this person making the application.

It's not hard to understand the application form or the process. Just have stuff dated 2 years previous (documented history) send those with a doctors report and preferably a deed poll/name change document to prove you are wanting to be the opposite sex for the rest of your life. Get it signed by a solicitor and then pop it in the post for a decision.

The solicitor I went to, had no clue about what to do and I had to teach him about the form and rules about this. He agreed and I paid £30 for the signature.

I got mine in 2009 and it was very easy to do - being 19 at the time and just having no one to really turn to helped a great deal in making tough decisions easier. (Knowing there's nobody else to count on.)
Never be afraid of who you are.

Casaluna

Postby Casaluna » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:41 am

Last edited by Casaluna on Wed May 13, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bethy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bethy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Yeah I think it's that point, Statutory Declaration. The signing off to make the form official would make more sense. :-)

It's continuance of evidence to prove that you have been you for this length of time and makes their decision slightly easier, due to the fact you have proven you don't change your mind that easily on life changing decisions.
Never be afraid of who you are.

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:11 am

The way it was put to me by a psychiatrist was that, "They [the Gender Recognition Panel] like to make their own minds up. They don't just take it from us, even in straightforward cases."

There's a combination of two effects at work. One is that the legal profession always was a self-perpetuating bureaucracy. They make sure that they never run out of work.

Another effect, which I have often observed in my professional life while trying to get more senior managers to approve peoposals is that some do not worry about the details and make quick decisions based on the big picture of whether the proposal makes sense, while others love nothing better than to scutinise proposals in fine detail. I suspect that the Panel consists of detailed scrutinisers.

Jane x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Return to “General”