What does it feel like to be transgender?

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

What does it feel like to be transgender?

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:44 pm

This has been raised in our live Skype group - join us here http://media.transgenderzone.com/

But it is/was simply to good a topic to let lie.

So here we are.

Transgender people have described it in a number of ways and I personally find it fascinating.

Here are just a few:

1. It felt like being in prison but like the 'Truman Show' you never really understand what the outside world is like, until you escape!
2. It is like sitting in a railway station watching the world go by and not really feeling you are part of it - disassociation.
3. It felt like a knot in the gut that was so powerful it makes you feel ill, and you try everything possible to avoid feeling it, everything that is than face it full on and deal with it!

There are more but the rest I'll leave to you.

This perhaps is one of the most important threads I have ever started - please do engage with me and it :)x
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Steffi

Re: What does it feel like to be transgender?

Postby Steffi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 pm

All of the above at different times and to different degrees.
I always felt like I was outside everything in some subtle way.
It took a long time to realise that my gender feelings were at the root of it rather than a side-issue and just another aspect of my oddness.
Contact me privately via "steffi AT transgenderzone DOT com" Click to see Who I am

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)

my trans-ness viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5401&p=45640#p45351

Some (mostly rough) tracks of my prior life as a guitarist up on You-Tube, if you want to check them out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8QKYu ... zkA/videos

madannie

Postby madannie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm

For me it was like the knot in the gut - the feeling of "otherness" was there, in the background for much of my life, becoming more prominent as time went on until a point came when it could be ignored no longer.

My initial thought was that of being an outsider, observing the world but not feeling fully a part of it: I spent a long time trying to engage with it, and to some extent succeeded until that feeling of otherness became too insistent. I have always felt apart from what is regarded as "normal life" and still do: whether this down to being transgender I am not sure, as my partner feels much the same way.
Madannie's Photos

All my life I've been broken
All my life I've been a little insane

The Ghostwriters - Daddy's Gonna Make You a Star

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm

It is interesting and this and other trans behaviours are very autistic traits, yet when trans face their demons the cloud lifts and the real world everybody else understands is revealed to us - and some do not like what they see :)

Such is the irony of being trans.

An all consuming behaviour that can cause self injury. repetitive behaviours, dressing despite the risks and driven to do so beyond our control in some instances and case.
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 pm

and some do not like what they see :)
I didn't understand what you meant there Ice :( . I hope I am not one of them :( .

On the original thread - for me it has been like watching all of the other kids playing the ball game but I was not allowed to join in. :cry: . But now somebody has thrown the ball my way and it's my chance to pick it up and become part of it [yesss] .

K x
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.--Helen Keller

Take the Bull by the Horns - Face a difficulty and grapple with it without avoiding it.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyse you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.--Bernice Johnson Reagon

MTF (as long as I can remember)
52 years young :D

Return to “General”