Finding my feminine voice

For topics that do not apply to the other available forums.
AbracaDebra

Re: Finding my feminine voice

Postby AbracaDebra » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 am

Erm, laughing through my nose? Does that mean just ordinary laughing but keeping your mouth shut? I don't know whether I would be able to do that because I'm a really loud laugher. But I guess if needs must.....
Maybe you could demonstrate when we are next on Skype. :D

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Hormone Database

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

That is a very interesting question. There are shedloads of good-role-model celebs who speak with what linguists call received pronunciation (RP), also known as the Queen's English.

I speak with a northern-cum-midlands accent, a result of my peripatetic childhood. I don't think it would sound authentic or right if I learned RP. It would sound as if I had gone all posh. Indeed in engineering, RP is a positive handicap: it would be considered snobby.

Trouble is, there are very few celebrity role models with lots of footage on YouTube you can play again and again to learn to copy with a regional accent like mine. The nearest I found was Carol Vorderman, who coincidentally is an engineer by training. I greatly admire the way she manages to convey the I-have-a-working-brain message while being really quite boldly feminine.

Her voice is a bit too high for me to copy – she is quite soprano – but I can have a great time trying to learn her voice and other mannerisms.

Jane

x.
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 am

or you could always laugh like muttley ;)

:tongueoutx: :lolno: :lol:
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Jane_D_C

Postby Jane_D_C » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Mutley Vorderman :crazy: :?:
Proud to be feminine

E-mail: jane@transgenderzone.com

Return to “General”