Access to medical transition for teens

Talk about any trans topics you like. This section has been created to allow our many guest visitors (who may be to nervous to register) the opportunity to raise their own topics. Please keep this transgender focused. Of course registration does mean you have access to more hidden areas. But for many a guest area is sufficient.

Moderator: Guest Moderator

Gen

Access to medical transition for teens

Postby Gen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:47 am

Hello,
I'm looking for the countries where trans people under legal majority can't access medical transitions (hormons for instance). It's really hard to get any data on that. ILGA and TGEU websites provide infos on the legal aspect (change of name and/or the mention of sex on ID) but not on the medical one.
Clearly, I'm not looking for a list of countries where noone can transition. Just where it's not allowed for people under legal majority.
Is there any country where adults can access medical transition but not teenagers ?

Thanks to anyone able to help. :)

ps : Just so you know, i work in a trans organization and am creating a tool to educate people on trans rights around the world... :)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Access to medical transition for teens

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Usually younger people have 'Puberty Blockers' in more enlightened countries. And that withhold puberty until they come of age.

Countries where this is not possible are likely to be more oppressive regimes or less enlightened - especially when WPATH (see: http://www.wpath.org/site_page.cfm?pk_a ... bpage=3926 Adolescents early intervention section)have stated their standards of care should apply globally yet many countries will ignore them for cultural reasons. Or for their own safety :(. Nevertheless, I cannot state personally what countries. But chances are if you reverse engineer adult tolerance to transgender people, it is almost guaranteed that children will have no chance!
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Postby Ice Maiden » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:38 pm

#Replies
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Gen

Postby Gen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Thank you Maiden :)
I'm gonna keep looking (and look for places where nothing is possible for adults too). If anyone can tell me of a specific country where medical transitions are impossible, feel free to tell me !
Thanx again!

Return to “General Topics”