Counselling Research

Talk about any trans topics you like. This section has been created to allow our many guest visitors (who may be to nervous to register) the opportunity to raise their own topics. Please keep this transgender focused. Of course registration does mean you have access to more hidden areas. But for many a guest area is sufficient.

Moderator: Guest Moderator

SophieP

Counselling Research

Postby SophieP » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:58 am

HI There,

My name is Sophie Preston and I am conducting some research as part of an MSc in counselling. The research is looking into the counselling experiences of transgender people in the UK. There is very little research which asks transgender people first hand about their counselling, especially in a UK context. I would like to help redress this.

I am looking for participants to take place in a telephone / skype interview. If you identify as transgender / have a trans history and have been for general counselling in the last five years (so not from an individual / service geared specifically towards issues of gender and / or sexuality) I would love to hear from you.

If you agree to take part, you will sent a short background questionnaire, and will take part in a skype / telephone interview lasting about 60-90 minutes. I am interested in finding out what your therapy experience was like.

Initial contact will be via email. Interviews will take place by telephone / Skype. I would only call you on a number that you gave us permission to use, at times agreed by email. Your confidentiality would be protected by the use of a pseudonym and all data will be stored securely without names attached.

For more information about this study, to check the legitimacy of this research, or if you have any specific questions please contact:

Sophie Preston

MSc Researcher
Email: sophie.preston.research@gmail.com
Division of Mental Health Nursing & Counselling
School of Social & Health Sciences
Abertay University
Dundee

Mhairi Thurston
Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Division of Mental Health Nursing & Counselling
School of Social & Health Sciences
Abertay University
Dundee
Email: M.Thurston@abertay.ac.uk
Phone: 01382 308719

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sophie Preston,
University of Abertay, Dundee

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement Wigstore Uk In Derm Transgender Hair Removal Hormone Database

Return to “General Topics”