UK Television Transgender Monthly Round up Feb 2014

Every month we list UK programmes the feature transgender issues good and bad. If you work in the media this is a must see monthly list.
Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

UK Television Transgender Monthly Round up Feb 2014

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:24 pm

So here we go doesn't time fly!

So here we go again, what is broadcast in the UK reflects on you as a transperson. Every month it is a case of spot the positives. Almost all television featuring anything remotely associated with transpeople is negative, comical or are negative stereotypes.

High Points
This Morning itv1
Lauren Harries and the Nuttall family.

Low points
Sun Sea Sex and Suspicious Parents Thailand (BBC Three).
Mark Wright on ITV2
Brendan O'Carroll on BBC
Ant and Dec on ITV1

This was a shocking window into why transpeople are treated the way they are by the world and this was evident in BBC Three's 'Sun Sea Sex and Suspicious Parents - Thailand' (see our media section). Those young men have learned to mock and berate transpeope by being educated by the very same television media (like the BBC) with one-liners (mocking transpeople as less than scum) like this over the years, the labels are plentiful and they stick!

They also make it acceptable to continue to mock - even today - with their the most popular TV show on the BBC being a man in a dress making fun of himself as a woman! [Mrs Brown's Boys] The mind boggles. No other music hall tradition has made it to the 21st century. When will the Minstrels be back? In a Britain that detest immigration the return of Minstrels would be popular too no doubt - but they have to just stop and take stock. The fact these channels just carry on shows how little we matter as a community and why we need to make a stand!

BBC Three it was announced will be axed and go online - but is this such a big deal when the future of television is online anyway?

---

The Simpsons
'Simpson Tide'
02/02
Channel 4

Homer becomes the captain of a submarine, and Bart has his ear pierced. Featuring the guest voices of Bob Denver and Rod Steiger.

Comment

The Court Martial Judges cannot charge Homer as they are all on charges themselves. (As the ending of every episode must reset for the next they use this to avoid imprisoning Homer and ended the series).

One says, "Impersonating the First Lady!"

And rather than leave it at that the character has to put a wig on the moment they stand up to leave! And of course they add a moustache to make doubly sure you understand what this gag is!

Like We do not understand the words and this is also required. Its an old episode - they all are on Channel 4.

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u67 ... 919aaa.jpg Channel 4

---

Steptoe and Son
02/02
ITV3

Film version of the TV sitcom starring Wilfrid Brambell and Harry H Corbett, 1972. Restless rag-and-bone man Harold decides to get married but his cantankerous father Albert isn't too keen [AD,S]

Comment

See past Review here
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=3969

ImageITV3

---

Most Shocking Bedlam and Brawls 2
02/02
Pick

Fast-paced clip show which exposes some of the most outrageous challenges the police have to face on the street.

Comment

This was quite timely and although not 'directly trans' recent gangs hunting GLBT in Russia remind us oif the brutality that exists when we are reminded with the now infamous footage of Peter Tatchell being beat-up and Richard Fairbrass getting repeatedly thumped in the face by Russians who did not take kindly to them supporting a Gay protest in Moscow.

Watching Peter Tatchell cupping his face after repeatedly being assaulted saying, "Help. Help me!" Is a bit more that I could take really. Fortunately this is a memory and one he has since spoken about. But as we saw in Channel 4's Hunted (later) this is on the increase! And it could be coming here soon!

Image Pick
Peter gets knocked off his feet by a punch to the face.

Image Pick
Heart-wrenching as Peter tries to escape the mob!

Image Pick
Right Said Fred fight off violence and assaults.

Brutal! And worse on video!

Shocking images that need to be seen as a stark reminder at just how dangerous being glbtiq is in this world! It also reminds us that Peter Tatchell has taken a number of risks in his life for glbtiq rights and recognition. And he could have been gravely injured at anytime.

That's the thing with courage, some say that when they have cancer or are transgender they are not courageous they have a problem they have to deal with! Courage to me is a choice! To jump in to a raging torrent to save a child that is not yours... to go to Russia and risk being killed for a cause far away from home! Thats courage! I watched an episode of 'Coach Trip' (later) and the Tour Guide (Brendan) described a transwoman as 'courageous'. If you are trans are you courageous? Or just dealing with the sh*t life has dealt you? This is something we will discuss in a podcast. What is courage?

We speak about what Courage is in Trans terms here in this video
VIDEO - http://youtu.be/FXJYDsP0gEM

---

Catfish: The TV Show
02/02
Viva

Reality documentary series following Nev Schulman as he travels America investigating the online profiles of couples who have never met in real life, to establish whether the people are really who they say they are, or whether they are so-called 'catfish'. Rob met Ebony on a dating website four years ago, but he feels that it is time for them to meet in person.

Comment

A first for me this, and it really does mess with your head a little. OK we all know transgender Currency is REAL and it is a case of supply and demand. As when there is a shortage of anything then the value of it increases as a rule.

In this instance we have an African American male who falls for a black woman online. She is trans and he comes to terms with this (maybe even revealing his sexuality maybe an issue as apparently he is cool with the 'extra parts'. I know transwomen are woman of course but 'some guy' who is new to all this with friends who maybe threatened by dating a transwoman, and then going on national television to declare his love is nothing short of amazing!

However, this is 'CATFISH' and all is not what it appears. He goes to meet the tranwoman and when he arrives he states to this lady that he is not the slim guy in the photo that was his cousin but they are similar. She accepts that but she then says, "I lied I am not in anyway shape or form transgender..."

He is disappointed in that revelation!

In all my years of watching and archiving telly I have never seen someone pretend to be trans in this way. It is very interesting, because it shows we may have crossed a point where, people assigned female at birth are so insecure they have to pretend to be trans women to get men!

This is nuts! And as one of our Video team said - "somewhat flattering!"

And this show is my guilty pleasure of the moment.

Either way the show treats the participants with dignity and respect and Nev (the host) and his cameraman buddy are just perfect for this. Non-judgmental and kind. A real win for the MTV network well done! Plus there are other trans episodes that are just lovely too! Where transmen are frightened to tell girls they are guys etc. More on that later.

Seriously worth watching! Channel 4 could have done this or BBC Three, but they would have ended up with the transphobic 'Sun Sea Sex - Thailand' approach (later) to this and ruined it.

Sometimes its best to leave these things to the professionals and grown-ups eh BBC?

Meow!

:eh:

---

Family Guy
02/02
BBC THREE

Stu and Stewie's Excellent Adventure: Animated comedy. Stewie finds out that his life in the future is miserable so he decides to go back in time and change events. Contains adult humour. [S]

Comment

Meg has transitioned (FTM) in the future and become Ron, a man. The only interesting thing here is how empty their humour is compared to the misogyny they can dig with transwomen. I think the only joke they could muster was one about Ron keep saying he has to shave his face and they say - "We get it Ron you are a dude!" Thats it!

So that alone was interesting. It kinda shows just how sexist the series is. As the daughter character 'Meg' is abused all the time.

---

This Morning
03/02
itv1

Our award winning Best Daytime Show in the Transgender Television Awards Click here to see why! http://www.TransgenderTelevisionAwards.com
Has Lauren Harries on in her occasional series valuing antiques and collectables.

Its a bit of fun and she is pretty good with china so this was a good one this week. She knows her stuff, she presents well, a far more mature and focused presenting style these days!

The silliness has gone and replaced with professionalism - and this is good for the transcommunity. Simply because she used her 'trans-currency' to get to there, but once there has another skill-set to carry it on. Her transness becomes a secondary issue after the first 30 seconds.

This is the way Eddie Izzard and Grayson Perry Played the game - and a good lesson for anyone trans looking for a career in the media. Use the transgender-currency to get to where you need to go (or jump the queue) but please have something substantial when you arrive, else its curtains! Trans-currency lasts on average 3-5 years and then the person is gone! That's approx how long being trans is of interest and every corner that's possible to exploit with what is a finite personal tale is exploited unless there is something else to draw on beyond that.
Reinvention is possible - Lauren has proved it. But that's pretty rare!

Imageitv

---

The Big Benefits Row - Live
05/02
Channel 5

Is Britain's benefits culture out of control? Matthew Wright hosts alongside panelists including Katie Hopkins, White Dee from Benefits Street, celebrities, claimants and politicians. [S]

Comment

Our Presenter of the Year Matthew Wright and on our Best Channel of the Year Channel 5 (See: http://www.TransgenderTelevisionAwards.com/ invited Paris Lees as part of the large studio audience to take part in this heated debate about Benefits.

Paris managed to get a brief word in in this manic debate. It was the Katie Hopkins Show really, lots of different perspectives and views from all manner of people from Ken Livingstone to White Dee from the Channel 4 series 'Benefits Street'.

Paris only had a brief moment but managed to ask Katie 'Where are people supposed to go to be hard working when people with degrees cannot even get a job!" and "why is it that all the factory work is being shipped, sent abroad?" [outsourcing].

ImageFive

Not a lot to add other than it was good to see her challenge non-trans issues. After all benefits affect all of us and it was an interesting show.

Watch it on catch-up on http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-big-b ... s-row-live (28mins in)

---

New: Extreme Beauty Queens: Secrets of South America.
05/02
BBC THREE

New series. 1/3. Billie JD Porter goes inside the Miss Venezuela boot camp, where plastic surgery and punishing diets transform young girls into beauty queens. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

Not Trans but an interesting look at the cosmetic surgery industry of trying to perfect perfection in Venezuela. This is a way to escape the Barrios (slums) and this country has had more Miss Worlds than anybody else. Controlled by a Simon Cowell figure who manages a school training these women and assessing their beauty and recommending cosmetic surgery to enhance their beauty. I was struck at just how similar this is to the way transwomen want to be seen as attractive and 'pass'.

Facial Feminisation Surgery is big business at a minimum of £10 grand a pop! Here we have exceptionally beautiful women being told their nose is everso slightly off, or, "there is a small crow's foot there."

Part of me felt like saying I would like a personal consultation with this beauty King! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmel_Sousa and part of me felt that this is the brain washing that ruins your life! As aging undoes it all anyway.

Worth watching! It will be repeated!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03tvjg8

More
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4190&p=38447#p38447

---

Mrs Brown's Boys
05/02
BBC ONE

2/6. Mammy's Coming!: Agnes is upset that her son Trevor has been called back to the missions in Africa. Contains adult humour and strong language. Also in HD. [AD,S]

Comment

Time to move on BBC.

---

New- Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents-..._
04/02
BBC THREE

...Thailand. 4/6. Two very different young people head to the beautiful Thai island of Koh Phi Phi. Contains strong language. Also in HD. [S]

TRANSCRIPT

Imagebbc

"Hopefully not smelly ones, and no pooey ones, we're not fingering any ladyboys tonight."
"A few fingers."
"A few fingers."

Imagebbc

"How many fingers can you fit into a ladyboy? Probably not that many!"

Imagebbc

"None for me, mate."

Imagebbc

"he's being a f*ggot."

Comment

In this episode 4 of 6 we again see more of the same.

Misogynistic, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and quite frankly objectionable television that the moment I saw the word Thailand in the title warned this would happen. And edited by the BBC to ensure it all makes it to air.

It is interesting that cultural comments and racial issues about Thailand are treated with respect.

But transwomen are treated and spoken about worse than scum!

The BBC youth channel at their very worse!

A disgrace! That demonstrates that trans community are in real trouble when our flagship broadcaster encourages this.

We have an entire thread of shame about this series here.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4135

---

Dispatches - Hunted
05/02
Channel 4

Documentary examining the vigilante gangs that target gay men and women in Russia. On the eve of the Sochi Winter Olympics, Russia is officially welcoming gay athletes and spectators. But in a country where it's thought only 1% of gay people dare to live completely openly, it appears to be a hollow gesture.

Comment

Although focused on gay people the huge omission was transgender people. Channel 4 have just made trans disappear!

This is what happened in 1930s Germany.

It was not just Jews who suffered. Trans, Gays and disabled went on those cattle trains to death camps too!

Image channel 4

However along with Channel 4's song (below) and their 'born Risky' quotes just how they have failed the trans community in recent years and I do not make these comments without the data to prove their validity either! it is interesting all but for a brief subtitled moment in 'Hunted' transgender people are all but extinguished from Channel 4 sympathy here. Unless they are suggesting that all trans are gay? And this is a way to cover all the bases? That is immediately catastrophic!

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... k-in-sochi

This is quite a serious issue, as being trans in Russia is far more 'obvious' than being gay and behaving cisnormatively means that unless entrapped can go about their business without any problems at all. Thus, I suggest transgender people are a greater target for abuse. I mean they are here in the UK and we are supposed to be tolerant - our own broadcasters abuse us inc Channel 4 as often as possible - hypocrisy!

But Channel 4 seem to be only focused on gay people and even Stonewall dropped their T, despite the fact that the place that gave birth to their name featured transpeople and made the news at that time because of them - as it made for better images of course (trans-currency). bloody and smeared make-up is perfect for front page news.

In this episode of 'Dispatches' we see how easily a recession can turn around and bite. And in the UK we are what? One week away from this very same situation at any given moment as well.

There is one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about (Oscar Wilde, he was gay), and this is exactly that.

Invisibility and shunning a minority that is equally suffering is a big mistake! Not only is it short-sighted, it demonstrates the true value of transgender people - as either sex objects or people to ridicule or patronise.

I also found it interesting that the term f*ggot is back and in greater numbers! Oh you thought I meant the fascist of Russia? No I am talking about this on BBC Three this week for laughs.

Image channel 4

Image bbc

Image channel 4

Which is worse? Spot the difference?

Again this is social 'creep' and sooner or later the see-saw will tip! And the media will then question how can this be? How come transpeople are being attacked in the streets? Look in the mirror mate! That's why!

http://www.channel4.com/news/gay-russia ... the-hunted

---

This Morning
06/02
itv1

Clare Muldoon a journalist brought in as one of their news reviewers.

"In relationships, noone knows where they are supposed to stand, Whether you be a man a woman or whatever."

Probably the quote of the week :)

---

The Alan Titchmarsh Show
06/02
ITV1

Alan Titchmarsh is joined by more celebrity guests as well as regulars royal hairdresser Richard Ward and stylist Myleene Klass.

Comment

Special guest was The Simpsons Voice Over and voice of the character Ned Flanders... Harry Shearer.

What the problem with this is?

Well they had to choose a clip to introduce him, and of ALL the clips 'The Simpsons' have ever shownin all the YEARS of broadcast and myriad of episodes. And what clip do they show?

The one where Ned challenges Homer to a contest and the 'loser' must cross-dress and be humiliated!

You see where I am coming from with this don't you?

---

Benidorm
06/02
ITV1

Mick breaks the news of Madge's diagnosis to the family. Michael reacts by heading to the beach with Tiger. Kenneth decides to go on a health drive. The hog roast goes badly wrong.

Comment

Not quite as bad this week. PHEW! :whewx:

---

Birds of a Feather
'Blinded by Love'
06/02
itv1

Sharon whispers something into the ear of her ex-husbands mother as she wants to humiliate him!

She looks disgusted and shocked and even crosses herself (Catholic), and the girls leave to the sound of smashing crockery - what could she have possibly said as he parting shot to destroy her ex-husband's relationship with his mother?

TRANSCRIPT

Tracy - "here... Sharon what did you say to her?"
Sharon whispering to Tracy and Dorien - "I told her that ever Friday night Chris used to like to wear a bra and fishnets and call himself Yasmin!"

The audience screams with laughter and the women leave laughing.

Facepalm to itv and the male writers of this supposedly female show. This is I think the third time they have dipped into the transphobic pot in this new series. Its interesting that they seem to be cool with gay issues and race etc. But transgender - fair game and they greedily feast from the trough!

---

Brickleberry
'Ranger Games'
06/02
Viva

Cartoon that follows a group of misfit forest rangers and a talking grizzly bear cub. Brickleberry is finally allowed to compete in the annual Ranger Games again. The goal is clear: unseat Yellowstone.

Comment

Ok similar to South Park and Family Guy in that they take no prisoners, they abuse everything and anyone.

However, this comment is more about the route of a gag than the actual gag within a cartoon.

You see, most humour has a route and many do not even realise they have already seen it.

Imageviva

Here is the scene, the Chief Ranger puts on a training video. On the video he puts on (by accident) is a home video of him performing the 'Silence of the Lambs' Lipstick dance with his penis between his legs. You know the one where the serial killer says in the mirror(whilst a girl screams in the cellar dungeon) "do you wanna f*ck me..."

Right lets begin.

1. This is what often happens when any film has trans issues in them. 'The Silence of the Lambs' like many similar films ('Dressed to Kill' for example) or even films that are not too bad like 'The Crying Game'(The music from that was used during the vomiting over a trans woman in 'Ace Ventura Pet Detective'), they all get spoofed and parodied, but the only thing of interest in the entire film of SOL is the fava beans lip slurp line and this clip! This shows that any transperson appearing in any film is likely to be parodied to death! Not good!

2. THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!
Wanna know where - HERE!

Image bbc

And so clearly a rip-off - its kinda weird.

The plot in 'Family Guy' (BBC3) was Chris becomes too cool for school and they put a film on in the School Gym in front of the entire school of Chris doing the exact same performance (IN A CARTOON!) and used to destroy his credibility.

So in this one clip we not only see a P*ss-take of trans issues per se we also see the roots of both in a single gag, that the damage that trans issues suffer, the fear of relentless parody, and after all 'Family Guy' above also went through the exact same mindset to reach this gag goal too.

All in one moment in time eh?

Amazing!

Now in the average non media critical mind, most see it and its gone - but is it?!!!

This proves that the image is perhaps imprinted and then reused again and again and again by writers and comics. And that is dangerous as those who are not writers and comics use it in the pub, or in the street!

They probably never remember WHERE they first heard it or first saw it - they just know it.

After watching this they sleep forget, and the next morning they have a choice to make over funding something trans or something for another 'worthy cause', this little subliminal link may trigger subconsciously important decisions and they could avoid the trans issue and not even realise why.

---

Ja'mie
06/02
BBC Three

Comment

40 year old Australian guy dresses as a schoolgirl for laughs - holy sh*t!

In the wake of Operation YewTree and the BBC I would have thought this was bad timing!

Listening to a middle-aged man in a schoolgirl uniform talking about having sex with their classmates and talking about the genitals of teenagers (who are not 40) was just too much.

Groan!

---

UK Border Force
08/02
Pick

Observational documentary series. Officers stop a Nigerian with a forged passport who insists he is 15 years old. A transgendered[SIC] woman suffering from terminal cancer and with just $10 to her name finds out if she qualifies to get into the country. A criminal is caught in Calais.

Comment

This has been around for a few years - I hope the transwoman is still well. She was feisty and funny. She went down well with the officers and allowed in to the country. My only issue was it felt like this was quite a scripted 'performance' that she is likely to have recited many, many times in the past to other officials. A bit like dance for me - entertain us whilst firing a gun at their feet!

---

The Voice UK
08/02
BBC ONE

Interesting one this.

Identifies as male, yet for whatever reason sounds and looks feminine.

And stated they struggled as a teenager as he looked like a girl.

I suppose the viewer can't help thinking there is more to this than meets the eye. And that may become apparent in due course - they love a sympathetic back story do these shows.

However, one might say quite cruelly, if you did not want to be identified as female get a crew cut and take the make-up off.

So I think if the person is not trans or qu3er then the 'look' is something used to get attention and in this business (music), so you gotta use every advantage. Bowie did it, Boy George did it, Marilyn did it, Pete Burns did it!

So why not this person? A modern version of those guys but with a Andrej Pejic twist.

Just don't complain that you are being seen as female though, as it is clearly being embraced! So that's a contradiction Andrej Pejic faced, as many said the same and now Andrej Pejic has asked for female pronouns, the cynics might say that's just a way to get the trans lobby off your back if you are seen to be exploiting it? Identifying as female (even if you do not deep down) as it keeps the bread rolling in.

Time will tell. I guess the argument may return that to ensure transpeople are 'genuine' pop hormones and get surgery. I can see that returning as trans-currency is lapped up by those pretending to be trans. Sh*t or get off the pot some might say ;)

Imagebbc

Imagebbc

I suspect that his voice sounding how it does is like a dagger through the heart of transwomen who struggle with their voices when he doesn't even want this. And how he looks was something I thought YES! A transgirl on 'The VOICE UK'! Then he said he isn't - ho hum :)

Best of luck though it can't do any harm? Can it(?), or will people see him as proof you can look and sound like this and not be trans at all. So it could work against the community a little. As why waste the NHS resources when you can just wear some make-up and raise your pitch and be accepted!

This has left me wanting to know more about James (and that's just what you need to be, 'interesting' in a crowded marketplace!), this is still trans-currency, as the look and sound will instantly be equated to using that, and will likely be exploited by the judges as well.

---

Top Gear
09/02
BBC TWO

Jeremy Clarkson - "If that is not faster than the Porsche I will change my name to Jenifer!"

Used as a threat?! Or a laugh? Either way not good!

Following week they start calling him Jenifer and get laughs.

---

Film 2014
11/02
BBC TWO

The latest film reviews, news and interviews. Claudia Winkleman and Danny Leigh take a look at Dallas Buyers Club, The Invisible Woman and the 2014 RoboCop reboot. [S,SL]

Comment

Invited critics discuss Jarad Leto's depiction of real life transwoman Rayon. We know she is a trans woman and not a gay man because she stated she wanted GRS surgery.

Critics (Peter Bradshaw and Danny Leigh) say, "It's great they (Jared Leto and Matthew Mcconaughey in Dallas Buyer's Club) and have real chemistry a real non-brokeback bromance really... A lot of us will have seen this performance before the tragic big-hearted drag queen..."

OK they maybe critics (Aren't we all ;)) but this demonstrates they are ignorant. Firstly, a person who actually existed and states they are saving up for GRS I would say is a transwoman, not a drag queen and certainly not a brother ("bromance"???). How could this have been worded better by the BBC?

Well I would say... "It's great they have real chemistry and a loving sibling relationship, Matthew plays a man who is constantly looking out and caring for his ailing friend Rayon... We have all seen this type of performance before, the tragic big hearted drag queen or a transwoman such as Felicity Huffman's Bree in TransAmerica (2005)...

If he needs to say Drag queen them amend it slightly - or clarify the statement at least. Which drag queens are he talking about?

I know what he means (like 'Too Wong Foo' films for example) but with these comments comes the great responsibility to be absolutely clear about what you mean.

If you are a critic you have to be a bit more precise and back up these comments. Otherwise you leave the audience thinking she is a drag queen - a bloke, and a failure.

Not good when we are talking about someone who actually existed. It is insulting to her memory. I have lost count of the transwomen and transmen who have told me when they die they want their true gender to be on the death certificate/ and or headstone. They want to leave this earth at least the person they have always been inside, not the one the State or society thrust upon them. So in death does not Rayon deserve the same respect when being talked about on this show all these years later to be remembered as a woman?

I could be wrong but I think I am right!

---

Catfish - The TV Show
11/02
Viva

Reality documentary series following Nev Schulman as he travels America investigating the online profiles of couples who have never met in real life, to establish whether the people are really who they say they are, or whether they are so-called 'catfish'. After Kya fell in love online with Alyx, she confessed that she had been using a fake name and pictures when communicating with him. Alyx forgave and accepted her without hesitation.

Comment

My guilty pleasure of the moment.

This week we meet a woman who has been dating this man from Switzerland. Turns out he is a young trans man from California :) What was lovely though is they were still in love even after these 'shock' revelations.

Kissing, cuddling and holding hands, this is what youth TV should be like - its an MTV channel, so you, BBC Three and 4Music?! I just hope you are taking notes ;) As it is handled in a pretty sensitive way by the presenter Nev. It is just a better way of looking at a cultural phenomenon. This is another trans story (which does raise questions of low-self esteem) the last one was a young black gay guy posing as female identity (photos of a white girl he found on the net). This is an issue as well, as race is often a barrier to relationships. So the young man who went to meet her had a double shock.

That said the presenter looks into 'why' the young African American felt this was necessary.

It is not surprising most see themselves as 'less attractive' than the images they choose and it demonstrates the folly of these hidden lives. It kinda reminded me of Second Life but the avatars are fake identities and photos of other actual people snatched from the net. What is probably more worrying is that if you are a 'pretty' trans woman or handsome transman then its possible you are being used by someone else pretending to be you.

Be yourself ;) Be proud and live your own life.

---

New - Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents-Thailand
11/02
BBC THREE

...Thailand. 5/6. Jo from Bristol and John from Newcastle head to Phuket for the holiday of a lifetime. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

Only one more transphobic Car Crash to go - thank goodness.
For the full story on this series click here.

Image bbc

---

This Morning
11/02
itv1

Comment

They invite the disabled actors Sarah Gordy and Colin Young who have been cast in 'Call The Midewife' BBC.

Image bbc

This is just brilliant and what I expect to see on the BBC!

Shame the BBC do not afford the same respect to transgender people, cross-dressing roles or comedy with 'men in dresses'.

By the same token if we transfer the way transgender people are treated in the same way to this, we would see non-disabled actors shuffling about talking the P*ss. Oh Yeah just like Ricky Gervais in Channel 4's 'Derek'.

That ship has sailed - so Trans people next eh BBC? Just get rid of Brendan O'Caroll and start from scratch. In the same way you cannot have blacking up and be sensitive to racial issues in a programme, or have people pulling faces and pretending to be disabled, that's bullying by any other name that's what kids at school do behind their backs. Nor can you do this to transpeople who suffer in the same way. It perpetuates a negative stereotype that its all a big laugh. It ain't.

So well done BBC for this but think about transpeople now. And don't make this tokenistic either if this is the only role this year for these two on television then its a disgrace and blatant tokenism.

Again well done for 'This Morning' inviting them on and treating them with respect.

---

At the same time on BBC 2

Inside No 9 - 2. A Quiet Night In
12/02
BBC Two

A season of comedies by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, each one oozing with dark humour and unexpected twists.

Gerald owns a beautiful house with lots of beautiful things in it. Beautiful things that are also extremely valuable. The kind of things that might just become the target of an audacious criminal enterprise.

Comment

Synopsis
Spoiler: show
Silent comedy two men (The guys from League of Gentlemen "Your my wife now!") break in to rob a luxury secluded modern (lots of glass) house whilst the owners are at home.
Spoiler: show
While the pair of inept burglars fumble with the art theft a man selling door to door cleaning products is invited in to clean blood stains (after a murder) and he is also there to steal an expensive painting and kills the burglars - but the painting was switched for kitchen paper by the inept two - so nobody 'wins'.
Imagebbc

But before that happens we see the female partner (of the leading wealthy male who I assume owns the house)...

Imagebbc

... going to her bedroom and packing a case, the burglar is in the same room hiding,

Imagebbc

Drops her wig on the floor... All trans wear them and drop them on the floor - why would she do that? She would put it carefully on a manikin head or leave it on she is wearing again in the next scene and it is immaculate again. This was done purely to reinforce she is trans! Incse you think there is another bloke in the bathroom. So this is calculated!

Imagebbc

She stands up to urinate and clearly has a male body double for this scene, this is important as were this body double not clearly masculine and have masculine body language the joke again is lost - the joke being she is trans! OK OK WE GET IT FFS! :x

She then returns to the room and he hides under the bed. We then get the 'Only Fools and Horses' squeaking (the inflatable dolls episode - so this is a rip-off of that) and air release as under the bed is this...

Imagebbc

I have pixelated this as this is the g-rated section... But it is 'obvious' what this is saying!

Well it is clear now that this has moved into kinky sexy, trans-currency world of young beautiful trans territory - so a stereotype too!

However this is not enough - she cannot be 'allowed' to be the heroine noooo, she must die of course.

Imagebbc

and later she is shot in the face with a gun.

Imagebbc

Hilarious eh?

The problem here is only seen when you reverse engineer the script and now remove the trans woman.

Man murders wife, no trans sex-doll under the bed. Her sitting to pee - robber looks like voyeur now rather than catching out a transwoman (AS A MAN!). And it is kinda suddenly empty? You see what I mean. The BBC has a habit of thistransperson at the urinals too.

Here is the standing to pee gag in other programmes -

Image (Image Right: Hit The Road Jack – Channel 4)

Imagebbc
And this gag in the BBC 2 series ‘Wilfred’ where he thinksshe is a 'he' and spies on her through the toilet door - "He then spies on her going to the toilet as he thinks she is peeing standing up.
She was pouring some of the beer away actually." More viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2247#p24345

Ironically the US Trans activists are a little tougher on this nonsense and this show was pulled even after it was made!
Image Work it!

So not even an original idea - and the inflatable doll is from only Fools and Horses
Imagewikimedia/bbc

So I simply ask what was the point. And why did she have to die? The ethnic minority housekeeper (played by Joyce Veheary) - heavens to mercy they risk shooting her in the face, the only survivor was Kayvan Novak - yeah they don't dare risk racism!

But tranwoman? Fair game? shoot her in the face BBC eh? It is funny! :roll:

So there is a lot of political decisions in this script intentionally or subliminally unintentionally they have been poured over in the creative process. And the actress was not even a transwoman anyway! The actress who played her was Oona Chaplin.

It was clear that the trans element here was done for laughs in an otherwise Mr Bean robs a house comedy. Just a bit darker that's all. It copies transphobia from the worse sources who already have a chrage sheet as long as your arm.

Maybe AllAboutTrans could raise this when the BBC next send one of their minions for coffee and biscuits, because atm they are laughing in our blood-splattered faces - pillow and handgun anyone?

The trouble is We see all this and have all the clips if I put all this together and tied down the executives (clockwork orange style) and made them watch this they would probably throw up! I think because it is so spread out and incidental they just do not notice it. How come I can? They should assign a floor of the BBC at Media City and pour over their content and its compliance to their charter and us the fee paying viewers, because atm it is nothing to smile about!

One trans character is on the telly and she is this? Seriously?! :roll: :shrugs: :problem: :thumbdown:

And steve Pemberton one of the actors in this appears in the next progamme Benidorm - I mean are there like only 10 actors in the UK or something?

---

Benidorm
13/02
itv1

The group CEO demands that Joyce returns the hotel to three-star status. An old friend of Donald and Jacqueline's is in town. Elena the pedalo-hire girl comes looking for Michael.

Comment

Lesley (CD) is at reception and Joan Collins walks in. Joan looks at Lesley and takes a second disgusted look before moving on. It might be trivial but would she have done that with an actual younger more attractive transgirl? These little things and instances all play into the psyche of the viewers and add up.

---

Catfish - The TV Show
13/02
Viva

Reality documentary series following Nev Schulman as he travels America investigating the online profiles of couples who have never met in real life, to establish whether the people are really who they say they are, or whether they are so-called 'catfish'. After a year of chatting with Amanda online, Tyler thinks he has a future with her - but his friends think something is not right.

Atypical 'All American boy '

Imageviva

Falls for a hot girl on Facebook.

She (below) turns out to be an

Imageviva

African American Gay 'male' teen.

Imageviva

He identifies as male in this but I question it simply because of this line below.

The most moving part was when the show's creators asked this question.

"I don't wanna be gay to be honest but that is something you can't change."

Imageviva

"Would you rather be a straight girl than a gay guy?"

"Yes!"

Comment

I find this programme fascinating and kinda fresh it is a perfect demonstration of the way television and the internet work well together, it makes the BBC and Channel 4 (in particular) look very old indeed! They just put a hashtag (or another documentary on following around a trans woman - NOT TO PRODUCERS IT HAS BEEN DONE BORING!!!) on the start of a programme and assume thats cutting edge - grow up. Plus this programme has a lot of transpeople in it for just a few episodes, and this tells us a lot, that there are perhaps an ocean of hidden trans lives out there in online relationships with uknown partners, fantasy lives, in fear of discovery.

Our job is to make being discovered less of an issue. Coming out is the only way!

---

New - The Hotel Inspector
13/02
Channel 5

The Vidella, Blackpool: Alex meets two fun-loving gay guys who took over a now-ailing hotel in Blackpool a decade ago. Can Alex put a smile back on heir faces? [S]

Comment

The answer when realising that other hotels had better rooms and cheaper prices? A wedding venue with them in drag? The good old stand-by!

That's just what Holiday Inn and Claridges do ;) - Joking course they don't and for good reason.

Even as a transperson I would not want to have this in my face.

Image Five

The Hotel closed a couple of months later...

Drag sadly is always rock bottom in my mind, it props up quite often lack-lustre 'entertainers' (I use the term loosely) and by proxy it humiliates transgender people as guilty by association. It is cr*p, if you are any good you don't need the frock! Tom Jones doesn't need one ;)

There are rare entertainers who have talent, but they tend to be past their 'sell-by' age wise (the world we live in) maybe they were let's say not good enough for the Royal Ballet , or the music scene when they were younger or one music album wonder, and this is kinda a last heave-ho for them... At this point a frock can give the person another 10 years on stage (or longer). But this means they are often, tired and lazy (low-rent) routines - all they have is, "look at me in a dress don't I look funny!!!" "whistle and cat call me! Swear and joke about sex" Plus in a hotel a gobby in your face drag queen(?) - I can think of nothing worse on holiday trying to relax.

This kinda proves the point. Who needs it?

Sophistication and class has no place for this anymore, the world is moving on, boutique hotels and quality locally sourced products in clean and secure settings are in. And even the 'Jeremy Kyle' massive want something better in Blackpool these days.

I know how these ex-hoteliers feel. I ran a restaurant back in the day and its graft and eats money! At least they can sell-up and split the money and part company?

---
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Pueraria Mirifica Breast Enhancement

Ice Maiden
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: UK Television Transgender Monthly Round up Feb 2014

Postby Ice Maiden » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

---

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe
13/02
BBC TWO

6/6. A compilation of the very best bits, with a mix of contributors, jokes and reviews provided by Charlie Brooker and his guests. Contains adult humour and some strong language. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

Showed Hayley downing her, "Ultimate bedtime nightcap!""C'mon everyone, DOWN IN ONE DOWN IN ONE!""STILL IT WAS NICE OF HER TO GIVE HIM A HAND JOB ON THE WAY OUT!"

This is the clip shown
Imagebbc/itv

---

New - Ja'mie - Private School Girl
13/02
BBC THREE

2/6. Comedy. To show how much she deserves to win the Hillford medal, Ja'mie performs a dance solo. Contains adult humour and some strong language. Also in HD. [AD,S]

Comment

OK so here is the simple layout.

1. Why do they need a 40 year old bloke to play a teenage school girl?
Answer - that very issue has currency, not only with kinky types, but when people watch they are divided mentally as part of their head is watching a teenage comedy, and the other keeps saying, "that's a 40 year old bloke!"

This is the same currency transpeople use to get into the papers - sorry but it is. Without mentioning they have a past gender that is different from today, they have no currency. Unless they win a Nobel prize or something.

This is kinda like Dame Edna on Monkey Glands, its that same Australian cross-dressing for laughs repackaged for the 21st Century DE was doing decades ago and just as cringeworthy! At least Matt Lucus ('Little Britain') as Vicky Pollard kept it short and moved on. I mean if you gotta put up with this sort of telly then, do the gag and f*ck off! But Chris Lilley is the 'gift' that just keeps on giving and for weeks on end of pouting, mincing, rolling eyes and hair flicking. From talking about a (suposidily school-aged black person's penis being pink to having sex with teenage boys) operation YewTree is still happening BBC - just thought I'd mention it.

2. It is cheap and sunny. And feeds into the 'Neighbours' and 'Home and Away' (Summer Bay) 'after hours' feel. Brits in the winter kinda need something Bright to look at and in part why 'Benidorm' (ITV) is aired this time of year.

This is so far from what I think transpeople need. Yeah I know that's not what it is meant to represent but Joe public cannot tell the difference, a man in a dress is a man in a dress, I mean Lesley in Benidorm (itv1) is supposed to be trans and what a train-wreck of transphobia that turned out to be.

Cross-dressing as a hook into television can be actually quite damaging. As in this case the timing is atrocious, the associations with transpeople and pedophilia is gaining momentum, again, channel 4's 'Hunted' demonstrates that in developed countries these opinions are not far from the surface of an apparently 'civilised society'.

And we simply do not need any indication - even comical ones - that there could be any link whatsoever with these issues. Of course this remind me of the old arguments like 'Alf Garnet's' racism, the argument being he was not an old man and was and actor (at the time) pretending to be racist. And the very fact he was racist exposed the idiocy of it. Nevertheless it had a great following of racists, who when they saw the actor (Warren Mitchell) in the street (when not at work) would holler cheers and shake his hand to his despair - yup they just didn't get it!

Ja'ime is exactly that. There will be people watching it who simply think the same. That the this is pervy and 'men who cross-dress' are all like that deep down.

'Dumbing down' television is done for a reason, it is often because you have to play to the lowest common denominator. Thats the same person who will misjudge this series as something far more sinister than it actually is.

The final question is the 'Mrs Brown's Boys' question. Why could they not get a good teenage Australian actress or even a trans girl to play the part? Because the lead character also wrote the script and produced it for themselves to be played by themselves. So that's never gonna happen - so the only way to put a stop to it is to stop using our BBC licence fee (and by that I also mean mine) to pay for this and encouraging more of it!

It is just too old fashioned for my taste. 'Carry On Iphone' would be a better title. They just need Sid James as the form Tutor and we'd be in business!

But there will be a few more weeks of this yet and then the repeats. The only positive I found and a few other transpeople reviewing this thought was Chris does try to pass himself off as a teenage girl and the voice work is very good. But that's not enough to rescue this - sorry.

Even Googling the title of this may flag the security services ;|

"Ja'mie - Private School Girl" Think about it! That is close to the French for I love, 'J'aime'

---

Brickleberry
13/02
Viva

Cartoon that follows a group of misfit forest rangers and a talking grizzly bear cub. While Steve deals with the destruction of his childhood ideals, Woody pays the price for having mildly criticized Malloy.

Comment

"Every stripper in my club has a dong!" [Penis, IM].
"Even the one that gave me a tug job [Masturbation, IM] on my birthday?!"
"HAHAHA Especially that one!" "Ha she's got a biggie!" [She has the biggest penis of them all!]

Hmmm...

---

This Morning
20/02
ITV1

Interesting a Sikh teenager who suffers from polycystic ovarian syndrome has a beard she refuses to cut due to her faith.

Not trans but interesting re hirsuteness.

Image itv

---

Coach Trip
14/02
Channel 4

Travel contest in which passengers battle it out to remain on a coach holiday for as long as they can. After an early start and a ride in a hot air balloon in Aix-en-Provence, Brendan shows the group his artistic side at a painting class.

Trans Girl Joins the party [an quickly leave more eon that in the review thread below].

Channel4

For full daily reviews of this click here!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4186

---

Mock the Week Looks Back At... Health
14/02
BBC TWO

1/10. Classic archive on the subject of health from past Mock the Weeks. Contains adult humour and some strong language. [S]

Comment

Frankie Boyle - (about man breasts, 'moobs' removal) "Thats why when I had mine done I donated them to an African Transsexual!"

As this was a compilation about health we had more transgender gags.

They showed the image of Thomas Beattie - now they did not have to edit this in - the BBC - they could have moved past it but rather they said the following

Michael McIntyre - "Normally when you have a baby and you say is it a boy or a girl you are referring to the baby and no the mother" ( rolls eyes).
Dara Ó Briain - states this man is legally male and uses the correct pronouns - that's positive and why the BBC keep employing him ;)
However they are not done yet!
Frankie Boyle - "Good news you have had a healthy baby - bad news you have blown your c*ck off!!!"
Russell Howard - "Its going to be really tricky - the kid will come to you and say I want chocolate ice cream and strawberry ice cream - you can't have both - Really mummy?"

[Russell being trans is NOT a choice!!! IM]
[Would he make the same joke about a mixed race child? They did in the 1970s]

Russell Howard - "Gender Reassignment? Is that it? It sounds like witness relocation for your genitals doesn't it?!"
Dara - "It would be a very severe form of witness relocation wouldn't it?!"
Michaeal MacIntyre - "It sounds like you are being reassigned. It doesn't sound like you are making a choice, it sounds like something that comes through the post! Oh dear I thought it was going to be a BT Bill but I am going to be a woman from next Tuesday! (LAUGHING) REASSIGNED A GENDER???!!!!"

[AGAIN IT IS NOT A CHOICE MICHAEL - Seriously this is the BBC at their best eh?!]

It just shows that as far as they are concerned the transgender community just as well live on Mars. They literally have no idea about these things. And why are the BBC rebroadcasting these heavily transphobic episodes when they are years old?!

Its out of order and this is a series of 'best bits' and we will have to see all those old reports I have made reappear once more despite the efforts of those activists speaking to executives - in one ear and out the other!

Seems like it was all a waste of time eh?

---

The Matrix Reloaded
16/02
Channel 5

Co-created by a transwoman.

---

Family Guy
'Meet the Quagmires'
16/02
BBC Three

"I love you Lois Pewterschmidt and no man or shemale... will keep you from me!"

Yawn!

---

Coach Trip
17/02
Channel 4

Trans girl Nicole helps one of the other passengers with his clay - I suppose she thought it would be like 'Ghost'.

FULL STORY SEE LINK!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4186&p=38433#p38475

---

Catfish - The TV Show
17/02
Viva

Reality documentary series following Nev Schulman as he travels America investigating the online profiles of couples who have never met in real life, to establish whether the people are really who they say they are, or whether they are so-called 'catfish'. Rob met Ebony on a dating website four years ago, but he feels that it is time for them to meet in person.

Comment

Infamous episode where a cisgender woman poses as a transwoman to get online affection only to be surprised by a visit from one of her online lovers. The guy who has come out to all his friends and family about his affection for this transgirl potentially losing friends as its still a difficult thing for many men to openly admit to. Discovers that he has been betrayed - unbelievable and unusual that ciswomen are not seeing transwoman as being better off! I guess it is a supply and demand issue! Nevertheless, it is a sexually linked issue so not all good! Trans-currency by proxy of a fake id on Facebook The mind boggles!

---

Coach Trip
18/02
Channel 4

Nicole and James decide to quit the show!

More!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4186&p=38433#p38475

ImageChannel 4

---

Different Strokes 1
18/02
Television X

The She-Male: Top T-Girl 18+ Joan Jett stars in this amazing sex show, joining famed porno blonde Suzie Best for a rooftop session that's as naughty as they come! See how the other half love...

Comment

She-male? Seriously - I don't know many trans women who want to be male whilst en femme or who have transitioned. Unfortunate label that sticks to everyone trans in the UK! If this was hidden from freeview, NP, sadly it is there for all to see - even kids scrolling through the listings looking for Cbeebies will wonder what a she-male is now eh?!

The ISP's and UK Gov speak of porn blocks yet this nonsense (TV listings) is for all to see unregulated.

More on that below.

---

Ladyboy Training 1
18/02
Television X

18-year-old sex addict Holly Harlow is a gorgeous ladyboy and Keisha Kane makes sure she shows her the ropes as she enters a house where sex is always on the menu.

Comment

Trans are sex-addicts? I don't have a problem with this as 'Holly' (whoever she is) needs to make a living. Nevertheless I wish Television X would be a bit more careful with general listings on Freeview. They only need to change a few words for it to be cool. Lets hope they read this?

---

Film 2014
18/02
BBC One

Film reviews. Claudia Winkleman and Danny Leigh look at George Clooney's World War II comedy-drama The Monuments Men and Nick Frost gets his dancing shoes on in Cuban Fury. [S,SL]

Comment

'Cuban Fury' (2014) written by Jon Brown Stars: Nick Frost, Chris O'Dowd.

Problem here! First Nick Frost is mates with Simon Pegg and Simon Pegg uses 'Tranny' for laughs in a lot of stuff he has made (Spaced for example) especially feature films - search this site to see what I mean! In this we have this interaction and it is a shame they said it! But they did!

Image bbc

Chris - We got the new boss starting this morning! I hear he is a ball buster!!!
Nick - He is a she!
Chris - What you mean like a tranny?!!!

Image bbc

And it was a compilation of clips chosen to pepper and interview with Nick (mainly) by the BBC

They could have not chosen this clip of course - But it is the BBC AGAIN!

And as for the Film a sour note and it has been slated by the critics - good!

To quote one, "It felt like a pilot for a sitcom that was never picked up!" OUCH!!! :)

---

The Wright Stuff
19/02
Five

A question in the break listed Chelsea Manning as an answer...

---

Ladyboy Training 2
19/02
Television X

Having passed her audition, tasty 18+ girl Holly gets it on with Keisha Kane and the handsome Paolo, who swings more ways than a Robbie Williams party album!

Comment

Holly must be knackered! As she appears in every programme on Television X! LOL :clap: :lolno: :lol: :roll: [yesss] :shrugs:

---

Sun, Sea, Sex and Suspicious Parents - Thailand.
BBC three
19/02

6/7. Billy from Bristol and Agi from Essex head to Koh Samui, home of the Full Moon parties. Contains strong language. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

More illustrious commentary by our young British Ambassadors to the Far East. This week we hear our Cultural Attaché...

"Seeing these Ladyboys in action, it is almost like a nightmare!"

Imagebbc

Only one more show to go! :roll:

Full Story!

---

Mrs Brown's Boys
19/02
BBC ONE

4/6. SuperMammy: Comedy series about a loudmouthed Irish matriarch and her family. Agnes decides to go on a diet. Contains adult humour and strong language. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

Flat-lined heart monitor sound! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppp!

Nuff said!

---

New - Ja'mie- Private School Girl
20/02
BBC THREE

3/6. Australian comedy series. Ja'mie arranges for Ugandan teenager Kwami to move in with her family for a month. Contains adult humour and strong language. Also in HD. [AD,S]

Comment

Yeah that's what the BBC needs, more 40 year old men dressed as school girls kissing and groping teenagers and talking about their genitals! (NOT!).

---

Ladyboy Training 3
20/02
Television X

Damien has no idea that stunning ladyboy Holly has a secret weapon in her love arsenal. But he's up for anything, especially when Keisha Kane joins in the porno fun.

Comment

"Holly has a secret weapon..." GROAN! They have a warning on their website as most 18+ sections do - even ours! However, there is no such warning on the descriptors on Freeview.

---

M-A-S-H
20/02
True Entertainment

Lost behind enemy lines, Hawkeye and Margaret form a personal truce and seek shelter in a roadside hut. S06 Ep13

Comment

The original 'crossdressing for laughs series' where Corporal Klinger walks around the 'Mobile Army Surgical Hospital' in various dresses hats and gloves. Is he trans? Nope! He is looking for a discharge based on mental health grounds.

This is quite a serious issue. During the Vietnam conflict call-up many young men would attend their enrollment in frocks suggesting that they were mentally ill and unable to fight.

Imageg
True Entertainment/Fox

This is not a good link for transpeople. As it suggests, cowardice, 'weak-mindedness', some undiagnosed mental health problem and of course it suggests that trans people are all 'nuts'.

M*A*S*H was a comedy series. Think of it as the Marx Brothers in surgical gowns in the Korean War. The constant gag of Klinger as a 'funny man in a dress I had hoped would by now be some distant memory, but it struggles to leave our screens. From films to even 'Mrs Brown's Boys'. Until they pull the plug this link with stupidity and wearing a dress (if you are designated male at birth of course and not identifying or living as a transgender person - that means wearing the frock to work or on the bus for example not leaving it at the stage door) then this problem will constantly haunt the transgender community.

The Film 'Catch 22' had a similar theme, that you had to be 'crazy' to be there to do the job in the first place so being crazy or wearing a dress is no grounds for discharge.

Of its time, it is just a shame that it didn't end there!

It was followed by 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum' (bbc) in the 80s.

As this is on a digital channel and sporadic I will just mention it the one off - if you want to see the series you know where it is. And make your own opinions up on it.

So I am aware that it is there...

---

The Simpsons
'Any Given Sundance'
21/02
Channel 4

Regular Repeat - Lisa makes a candid documentary about life in the Simpson household. Her film is a success at the Sundance Film Festival, but turns her family into national hate figures.

Comment

Cross-dressing films upset Marge - boo hoo!

---

Ladyboy Training 4
22/02
Television X

Jeff Ryder is drafted in to have some fun with Keisha and lovely she-male Holly. Totally wild, Holly's out-of-control libido conquers all in an outrageous menage a trois.

Comment

If you wanna know why BBC3 teens treat Thai Trans girls like cr*p look no further!

---

Ladyboy Training 5
22/02
Television X

Stunning 18+ girlie boy Holly joins forces with the amazing Keisha Kane to take on lucky stud Damien in a session that has to be seen to be believed.

Comment

Girly boy? Seriously? Trans-currency eh?

---

Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
22/02
ITV1

New series. Singing superstar Michael Buble is this week's guest announcer and also takes part in a special performance at the end of the show. Presented by Ant and Dec.

Comment

The Eric and Ernie clones return for their new series, and of course like last series they have a bit of cross-dressing for laughs.

LISTEN IF A 'PERSON DESIGNATED MALE AT BIRTH WEARS A DRESS AND PEOPLE LAUGH IT IS NOT INCLUSIVE!!! - THE AUDIENCE DID NOT LAUGH WHEN THEIR "REAL WOMEN" WORE THEM AND DANCED!"

This is nothing more than transexploitation by proxy or 'Trans stooge' (or a term I coined whereby 'Trans-Stooge' is the mocking of transgender people by the use of a character or fake transpersona or a transwoman being used to do the same (Paddy Power's 'Ladies Day' ad I guess falls into the bracket too).

But the untouchable duo - if they can do it then the UK assumes it must be fine! Then it opens the floodgates to other production companies happily sliding back into this 1980s cr*p - lead by example Ant and Dec. Otherwise it is easier to rerun the Morecambe and Wise Show and 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum!

The day a person designated male at birth wears a dress and the audience do not laugh will be the step forward we seek. Until then its a disaster!

It is humiliation and cruelty to the transgender community. Try laughing at your wife in her dress every time you see her Ant and see how that goes down! Or make funny faces to other diners in the restaurant about her outfit?

This is not a reverse psychology 'in your face' example of how the media is sexist - say like Matthew Wright did in the Jungle with his own bikini - that was clever and very intricately managed over many months of planning! Plus he enjoyed it ;) But the average Joe cannot see this and this is the problem.

This by contrast is a lazy throw-away laugh!

Television will never change whilst 'cross-dressing' is always laughed at. You have the ability to change that - but the will is not there as cross-dressing is 'FUNNY!' And who else can you mock? Brendan O'Carroll will tell you that - £££Kerching$$$!

The second problem here is the song...

The song - "#I can do anything better than you can, I can do anything better than you - no you can't..."

This would have worked if Ant McPartlin was pleased with his hirsute companion, but his face shows transpanic... So it was a minor thing and that is all it took to become abusive!

Imageitv

This is an example of how Dec did better with a 'real girl' I suppose?

Imageitv

Imageitv

Just look at their expressions one is smug one has transpanic face - the audience laughs.

However this is quite cruel and heavy irony as only shortly before in the exact same building was this sensitive interview with a teenage girl who was a Sikh and her cultural belief does not allow hair removal and how she was bullied and abused as a result. I hope you were watching Ant - make that face to her would you?

Imageitv

So in fact this now has a cultural and racial element to it?

So Ant and Dec are abusing her enjoyment too!

Idiots!

Stop looking back and look forward - I know they are looking back as Declan Donnelly is trying to shoe-horn in (Mike and) Bernie Winter's Catch Phrase into the act, "I'll smash your face in!" Don't do it Dec it is the slippery slope! And kinda shows they maybe running out of ideas.

The public love em' and that's the problem!

I guess it will be Bernard Manning and the Black and White Minstrels next - they were popular too!

---

New - Live at the Electric
22/02
BBC THREE

7/8. Russell Kane is your host for new comedy. Two Episodes of Mash spot a familiar looking face in the crowd. Plus, Marcel Lucont. Contains adult humour and some strong language. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

Eastend Cabaret

This was a bit different only in so far as this was a female act where one called 'Victor Victoria' (no doubt based on the Film by the same name starring Julie Andrews as a male impersonator) had the 'split male female outfit' on. Usually this is part 'man' and part 'funny man in a dress'. So the comedy here was a bit lost in that sense (I am glad as I am sick of 'the funny man in a dress' as you well know!). What is funny about a woman in trousers? I just wish that applied the other way around - Brendan O'Carroll would pack it in tomorrow if that was the case.

However, to build on this this act they had a song entitled 'Danger w*nk!' and at the end she seemed to squeeze some toothpaste out to simulate ejaculation. The audience thought it was funny. I just felt that it was like an over-spiced pudding. Sometimes adding more ingredients doesn't make it taste better it just goes stodgy and overwhelming. This seemed to have every ingredient (and a number of props) there was! Just look at the image.

Laurel and Hardy only had to quietly look to camera to get a laugh - but they were geniuses thanks to their chemistry - Many copied them even 'Miranda' (BBC). But all singing and dancing combos thundering around the stage, drag king, simulating sex, whilst her partner is trying to play a poor interpretation of Liza Minnelli in 'Cabaret' - it was less of a double-act and more like two separate acts fighting on stage for the same applause?

Then again I thought 'French and Saunders' were awful too - most of the time :) However Joanna Lumley as Patsy in 'abfab' was better! So It is a case of choose your partners carefully.

No pleasing some people.

But once you have seen this act and joke once would you wanna watch it again and again and again? Nope, so why do we have to keep seeing the male equivalent in drag all the time taking the P*ss on television?

Maybe if commissioners used this reverse psychology they would get it more and understand the problem better?

Image bbc

---

CSI - New York
23/02
5 USA

The Lying Game: The team investigate the murder of a transgender showgirl, but find the case complicated by the sheer number of suspects. (14/24) [S]

Comment

I have commented on this before so will simply copy and paste it from a past log as this is one a constant rotation.

One of the shows that launched Candis Cayne as a star!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=523

---

New - Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents-Thailand.
23/02
BBC THREE

7/7. After the Holiday: The 20somethings and their parents reflect on the partying that went on in Thailand. Has anything changed? Contains strong language. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

Thank goodness this is over.

This has got to be the worst blight on the BBC this year so far!

The show would have been better called "Transphobia Thailand - The BBC send young people to Thailand at the Licence fee payer's expense (and by that I include I PAID FOR THIS IN PART!!!) To abuse mock and objectify transpeople whilst drunk! ENJOY!!!

Wonder if that would have been commissioned? NO? Well it was - just under another name!

Disgraceful! Shame on you BBC! You published it!

For the full story click here!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4135&start=10

---

Ladyboy Training 5
25/02
Television X

Stunning 18+ girlie boy Holly joins forces with the amazing Keisha Kane to take on lucky stud Damien in a session that has to be seen to be believed.

Comment

This seems to demonstrate that watching this service is pointless as it is always being repeated. I do not understand who pays for it when they can watch Xhamster for free LOL?

My annoyance? Well... its the fact that this shows up on freeview listings for all the family to see! Something not quite right about that when they have to have a warning on their homepage as do we on our 18+ section!

I cannot think of many transwomen who like to be reminded they are a 'boy'. I hope they paid this 'Holly' well, that's all I can say!

---

Winners of our 'BEST DAYTIME TRANSGENDER TELEVISION AWARD' See www.TransgenderTelevisionAwards.com

This Morning
26/02
itv1

Presented by Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby. All the day's big news stories, viewers' comments from the Hub, and consumer expert Alice Beer is in the studio.

Comment

Introduction by Phillip

Image itv

"Coming up a touching and very modern love story, Helen and Kate are civil partners who hope to marry for real in a few months and they've got practice - they have already tied the knot once! When they were Helen and Andrew. And they explain more next..."

Kate and Helen Nuttall await the legislation to be come law so they can re-marry.

Full Review!
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4203

---

Party Wright Around the World
26/02
ITV2

Mark Wright takes his party planning skills global in this brand new series. In the first show, Mark hits Miami to put on a very special party for birthday girl Joanna.

Comment

Trans Currency abounds in this episode.

Macho Mark is forced (by the production team it seems) and to be a 'good host' and good sport, by dragging up for a themed party in Florida. What I found interesting is just how dull the Gay community Scene is there until they drag up! Thats why they do it - they need trans-currency to be worthy of looking anything more than bods in a room moving about!

After all apart from the sexuality what else is there externally other than clothing? And most were dressed like anyone else, jeans and t-shirts and shirts and so on. It is only when the 'frock' enters the room do people go - Ahhh this is what it is all about!

Uh? Where are the butt-less chaps leather trousers and leather caps? Get your own gimmick! Stop milking trans-currency to remain relevant!

Depressing really! So they reach for the trans card and get Mark in a frock, wig and he moans throughout, then does it and then goes home! I was wondering if we just re-imagined this episode and they didn't use any trans-currency - that is what it is my friends! If the show would have had any interest whatsoever. I think it would have been BORING!

And this is why they reach for it! Why not arrange a wedding for transwomen there instead? Its just the same old nonsense. I saw exactly the same in the series 'FAKING IT' (Channel 4) where a builder had to reluctantly become a 'top drag Act' in a couple of weeks under tuition. He was not spotted by 'the experts (seriously?! LOL!!!). I think that says it all really. That it is so easy to be seen as 'professional' in such a short time. This also happened in a recent edition of 'An Idiot Abroad' where Karl Pilkington had the same treatment - he used the term 'tranny' take a look at his make-over here.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3578 SPOT THE DIFFERENCE? Neither can I!

I have lost count of the number of times where there is this 'making-over' of 'reluctant men' to dress as women and it is done in a way to humiliate them. And make 'good telly'.
Some 'kinky scenes' get off on enforced CD Humiliation of course.

But anything like this always in the end comes back to the transgender community one way or the other. As if it is humiliation, then when a husband comes out to their family they want to transition to a female gender role. This is the first thing that springs to mind is this below!

Image itv

When he took this outfit off and left the stage door as Mark again he was so relieved.

Just a big joke really.

On transpeople! They wouldn't be seen dead in this outside in that other than a club or a carnival! Transpeople do not have that luxury I am afraid.

Note to ITV be more creative THIS HAS ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!

Note to self - stop watching this series!

---

ON THE OTHER SIDE THE BBC WE HAVE THIS!

Mrs Brown's Boys
26/02
BBC ONE

5/6. Mammy's Going: Comedy about an Irish matriarch. Agnes hears the family are going to put the dog in a home and thinks they are talking about her. Contains some strong language. Also in HD. [S]

Comment

There is a bit of a trend here don't you think?

As the saying goes give them an inch and they will take a mile. Because they cannot mock anyone apart from transgender people - and yes that is what is happening here even though it is not the intention.

Just look at this thread!

Mark Wright on ITV2
Brendan O'Carroll on BBC
Ant and Dec on ITV1

It just goes on and on and on. Got a gag that is funny but just needs that little bit more? Don't waste your time rewriting a script. PUT ON A DRESS and take the P*ss out the transgender community! You know it makes sense!

It reminds me of when 'Alan Partridge' was looking to commission new ideas... "Monkey Tennis(?)" he suggested as he was desperate?

I sometimes get the feeling the current raft of ignorant TV executives who do not have or even realise there were transpeople on telly 40 years ago are pitched a show. And they say, Yeah it is funny, what about if we add some cross-dressing to just spice it up a bit? And the guy pitching says, "sure if that's what it will take? I can add some cross-dressing gags too!"

They have all been DONE! STOP!

HIRE TRANS PEOPLE - when you could not longer 'black-up' somebody realised that a black actors could do it instead! DUHHHHH!!!! Like nobody had ever thought of that before - its crazy! Do the same but this time use TRANSGENDER PEOPLE -Seriously HOW THICK ARE THESE BROADCASTERS?

I do not care how popular the show is get rid of it!!!

---

The Alan Brazil breakfast show
27/02
Talk Sport Radio

Hosts were laughing about the new pink and yellow Scotland football strip.

Brian Moore, former rugby union player and now pundit for BBC Sport and Talk Sport, was looking through the comments made on Scottish newspaper The Daily Record.

And described the image as 'The Tranny Army'

Traditionally The Scotland team tend to describe their fans as 'the army' in another world cup they were described as All's Army. So maybe this was a somewhat skewed attempt to link the two. Nevertheless the issue has exploded onto the gay press. And it is important that the term Tranny (and something I have fought long and hard for when it was often used is now getting the respect it deserves - I personally will not be satisfied until it has the same respect as the n*word for black people It has been a lonely road and on television still is. The reaction to the comment is quite right from the Gay Press and good on them!

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/talk ... army270214
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/02/27/ta ... m-comment/
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 59975.html

However why they just focus on this one off issue when this is a daily occurance almost I do not understand.

https://www.facebook.com/saynototransphobia
http://saynototranny.transgenderzone.com/

So the battles are certainly oddly chosen. But anything that highlights this label is important - even if the transphobic world keeps spinning.

We speak about this at the end of this podcast

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS5ZVbbmCjc[/youtube]

---

Look East (Local News Inc Scotland)
27/02
BBC One

As she has been in the press and mentioned being trans then this is something I would have otherwise avoided.

I have her From Look East (I have it archived) and thought the same - I think it was interesting that they put her voice being deeper down to the damage the stag did (I am amazed she can speak at all!!! :((( and people watching may have not noticed assuming that this could have damaged vocal chords etc.

But trans-currency is too high to ignore that... It makes money!

"Dr Stone was born a man and has two children but changed gender in 2007. She was a research engineer in the Institute of Manufacturing at Cambridge before setting up her company."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dr ... z2uciUgErB

Surely she was born a baby!!! :)

---

New- Ja'mie - Private School Girl
27/02
BBC THREE

4/6. Australian comedy series. Ja'mie is depressed when Mitchell starts seeing her best friend, but soon plans her comeback. Contains adult humour and very strong language. Also in HD. [AD,S]

Comment

When will it ever end? This is just terrible! In a post Jimmy Saville (Operation YewTree) age where it seems most of the 1980s BBC presenters are in court manly regarding under a aged 'hugs' and 'touching'?

Is busing a 40 year old Australian 'man to dress' as a school girl who is 'intimate' and casually racist with teenagers the right message? No doubt the girls in the show and boys are probably 19+ and happy to take the cheque. And I am not suggesting for a moment there is any wrong doing here! What I am saying is this is not what the transgender community needs to be associated with - and the trans community ARE associated with it by proxy.
Surely for goodness the BBC could simply have added a trans teenage girl to the cast of 'SOME GIRLS' (BBC THREE Which was very good btw)? That's all they freakin' have to do! What on earth possessed them to commission this (or pay for it). I have no idea?! I think they are barking mad! Its like 'Quantum Leap' meets 'St.Trinians!' On Top of the Pops Circa 1979 wtf? Still there is a gap in the market now Dame Edna is Knackered in Australia eh?

Madness! And a little too Kinky for my taste sorry!

Still someone at the BBC is getting off on it I guess.

---

Check out the Transgender Television Awards 2013 they are published here!

http://www.TransgenderTelevisionAwards.com

See you next time with hopefully a shorter list eh? We can only dream of one entry one day!

I am the architect of my own destruction, in that I want nothing to post here at all!!!

Ice
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30
Disclaimer!!!! Please Read! http://media.transgenderzone.com/?page_id=2

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." M.Mead

Man [...] must count no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." - J.P.Sartre.

Who am I?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30

Return to “UK Monthly Transgender Television Logâ€